Joe and I decided that we wanted to be a little more self sufficient and healthy, so we decided to research container gardening. We researched some online, and found that lots of people in big cities garden this way on rooftops or patios, so we thought our big (unused) back deck would be the perfect spot for such a garden, plus it keeps pests (Aka Daisy) away. Well, one Saturday I wake up and Joe says we're going on a date but it's a secret. I have an envelope that I can open, but not until we get on the road. So we get on the road and I open the envelope and it tells me all about our date to "create our garden." I have a certain amount of money I can spend on containers, supplies, and the plants or seeds. But first we had to stop by BooksAMillion to pick out a book! we found one we liked and read about the different containers and plants that grow best in them. Next we went to get our containers and supplies. We decided on Rubbermaid tubs since they were cheaper, and we didn't know how all this would work out. Then we got some potting soil and picked out our plants and seeds. Yesterday, we pulled everything out and got it all planted. We planted strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, green beans, cucumbers, spinach, and lettuce. Here's the final product. I hope it works! (I've been known to kill things).
No comments:
Post a Comment