4.19.2008
Becoming an adult....
I had my first "flying solo" school IEP meeting at work on Friday. It went really well, but afterwards, as I was getting into the car, I realized something. And it's really strange this didn't hit me before, like at our wedding. Maybe it was because I was never really doing a job I truly loved. Anyway, as I was getting into the car, it hit me. I am an adult now. With a husband, a job I LOVE, a house (even though it's a rental) and a dog. I realized that I was now officially a social worker, doing what I spent 4 years learning about in school...now I'm actually doing everything I was taught about. Maybe I'm weird to be excited about this, but as I was driving away from the school it felt great to be all grown up with all the exciting and also problematic things of being an adult. And then yesterday when Sara and Stephen and the kids were here, when Joe got home Sara kept saying how weird it was to see him coming home from work to his house/wife/etc. Just another one of those "life has happened" moments where you just sit back in awe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meg, I've sat back and watched you become the person that you are, where you are in life, and the direction you have taken. I am always in awe seeing you and Joe building your life together. I'm proud that you are experencing what you truly have been studing for and been called to do in life.
ReplyDeleteI love you and Joe, and miss ya'll being around here.
Daddy
It is so great that you find joy in your job! I am so glad that God has brought all of your hard work in college to fruition. That is truly a gift from Him!!! We loved our visit, by the way!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you love your job. I have those "adult" moments too...a lot! It suddenly hits me at the most random times and places that I'm an adult now and while I'm not married, I pay my own bills and I have a real job that I really enjoy. It makes me proud of myself though and you should be proud of yourself too for all you've done. It's weird though because I still think we should all be little and jumping on your old trampoline and fighting over candy in the pinata at Halloween. How pathetic am I? Haha! Memories....!!! Miss y'all and love y'all!!!
ReplyDelete