Joe has been thinking about some seminary (online-no moving) and we wanted to check out Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest. Originally we were going to make it a date weekend, but then plans changed and we decided it would be fun to have our first family vacation. It went really well! After we felt like we packed Liam's whole room, we set off for a 4 and a half hour ride up. He slept most of the way, we timed it during his afternoon nap.
We took one pit stop along the way...
Then we got there and unloaded all his many bags of stuff, and went to dinner. The boys found a new toy...
The first kink was that we didn't think about bath time....so the first night we did sink bath. Well, with Liam, that got messy. Splashing, kicking, reaching, and swimming in a hotel sink gets most everything around it wet. Including the parents. He thought it was hilarious.
The next day we got up and went on a tour of the campus. I will say that I told Joe that I would not be opposed to moving there...he said no. Ha! It was gorgeous, and the town was so small and quaint...it was great! We had lunch and then had a meeting with an advisor that afternoon, so we parked ourselves in the gorgeous weather in the quad area of the school and basked in the amazing weather.
That night we scoped out Super Target. That's right. SUPER TARGET! I will say it was a little overwhelming..and a little Walmartish (dare I say???) Liam liked the toy offerings...he was a little overwhelmed at times...
The next day we packed back up and headed home. Why does the trip home always seem longer than the trip there??? Liam did give us some laughs and photo opps when we got home though...see next post.



No comments:
Post a Comment